The moment we see our dog nervous or stressed, we must know that there are herbs to relax your pet. There are many natural pain relief for dogs for different situations that will make your dog calm.
Natural remedies for moans and barks
The anxiety that certain situations cause to our pet can be manifested by permanent barking, anxiety, stress, and bites to any object they find. It may also cause them little sleep, rebellion, and unexpected and disproportionate reactions to some situations.
In efforts to stop this attitude of the dog, many owners lose their calm and with the insistence of neighbors, resort to drugs to make their pet sleep. They make their dogs take medicine that should only be provided with a prescription. However, natural remedies will not make our pets fall asleep. The possible risk of natural medicine dog care is less compared to conventional drugs.
Among the causes of dog stress, in addition to rockets and fireworks, is the absence of the owner for trips, vacations, etc. Socialization with other animals also causes nervousness in our pets, as well as transfers, removals, etc.
The age of the dog
The most restless dog breeds are the Poodle, Cocker, and Beagle. These are animals are more sensitive to noise and vulnerable to changes. It is also normal for the puppy to be more nervous than the adult dog. This situation will change from the first year.
This type of behaviors worsen the quality of life of dogs and affect the daily coexistence with their owners. Therefore, dog care is important to detect the problem as soon as possible, even before six months of age.
Activities against stress
The daily walk, playing, and physical exercise will serve as one of the most effective natural pain relief for dogs to be more relaxed at home. This should be done continuously to keep it effective. A dog that takes long walks daily, runs and jumps through large natural spaces, parks, tracks, etc., will sleep much better, will be less nervous and will react in a less violent way to certain unforeseen events.
A nervous dog must have a controlled activity at home. Your pet shouldn"t be treated with actions that can further increase their nervousness. They should play relaxing games. Dynamic games such as running after the ball or jumping are best left for when you go out for a walk. This way we will promote the calm behavior of our pet, and we will avoid the nervousness at home.
Herbs that provide natural pain relief for dogs
- Chamomile. One of the best known herbal remedies. It has perfect assimilation with dogs. It also has important anti-spasmodic effects and helps to alleviate digestive problems. If our pet suffers from the gut by stress or nerves, chamomile is the perfect dog care remedy. Serve it with a little honey.
- Avena. It has similar effects to chamomile. It serves to help with many ailments. In the case of dogs, it is an excellent relaxing tonic for the most nervous animals. You can serve it cooked or raw.
- Echinacea. It has powerful effects to stimulate the immune system and prevent flu and other pathologies with viruses. To provide it to the dog, a few drops of its daily food will suffice to control its stress.
- Lavender. For a long time used as a relaxant in humans, it also serves with dogs. It is scientifically proven that the aroma of lavender has tranquilizing effects. To give it to the dog, it will be enough to dissolve some droplets in a place where the animal has to smell it. That smell will suffice, it is not necessary to eat it. The good idea is to apply these drops on the bed, where the animal sleeps.
- Valerian. One of the best known to provide peace of mind and that can make you and your dog sleep well. It has been proven that it does not only reduce tension and anxiety, it also helps in the relief of muscle pain and stress, etc. To give it to the dog, a few drops of daily food will suffice.
- The St. John"s grass. People have used this grass successfully for several years to control anxiety and depression, and it can work just as well with dogs. St. John"s wort can be found either in tincture or capsules, and both cases can be mixed with our pet"s food.